Am I entitled to overtime pay if I on salary?
Salaried employees can receive overtime payment just like employees who work and are paid hourly. Simply putting an employee on salary will not negate any overtime payments for extra hours worked. Granted, tracking overtime with salaried employees can be a bit more challenging than with with hourly workers.
Can a salaried employee be forced to work overtime?
As long as the staff is salaried, there’s nothing in federal law that prevents this. An employer can legally pay exempt employees for overtime. The pay can be a bonus, a flat sum, time-and-a-half or extra time off. Federal law does not, however, require that employers offer this extra compensation.
How do I decline politely?
Here are some tips on how to turn down an invitation in the most polite way:
- Don’t ignore the invitation. Putting the invitation aside to deal with later isn’t good for you or the person who sent it.
- Don’t wait.
- Be thankful.
- Be honest.
- Ask for a different time.
- Don’t over-explain.
- Send something.
How do you say no to your boss nicely?
Use these examples to politely say “no” to your employer and coworkers:
- “Unfortunately, I have too much to do today.
- “I’m flattered by your offer, but no thank you.”
- “That sounds fun, but I have a lot going on at home.”
- “I’m not comfortable doing that task.
- “Now isn’t a good time for me.
How do you politely reject a project offer?
How to turn down a job offer
- Don’t procrastinate. Once you’ve decided to decline the offer, don’t delay writing to the employer.
- Keep it simple and to the point. Start by being straightforward and honest in your message.
- Say “thank you”
- Provide a reason but don’t get specific.
- Consider offering to stay in touch.
How do you ask a project off?
Talk with the manager and explain the situation. Tell him that you need to move to other project. (If you have spend at least 2 years in your project, he may accept your request, but if your project period time is less than that, chances are less.)
How do I decline my boss project?
How to Decline Work Assignments
- Provide an Explanation. Explain in detail why you cannot perform the work within your work schedule.
- Honesty is Key. Be honest and upfront with your boss.
- Provide a Backup.
- Don’t Delay.
- Explain the Impact on Output.
- Ask for Help.
- Don’t Fail to Comply.
Should I tell my boss I’m unhappy at work?
If your unhappiness is due to a company-wide policy, poor decision-making by one of your boss’s superiors, or other factors out of their control, then there’s no benefit to telling her you’re unsatisfied (and it may be worth considering who else you can talk to, such as HR).
How do you say no to working on your day off?
Instead, simply say something more general like: ‘I’d love to help you out but, unfortunately, I just have far too many things to catch up on today, and I won’t have time – sorry! ‘ Always remember that you’re not doing anything wrong by refusing your boss’s request.