Are care labels a legal requirement?
The mandatory standard requires that textile products including clothing, textiles, furnishing and suede skins, leathers and furs must have adequate care labelling instructions in English attached to the item. Care symbols alone are not sufficient.
What should you put on care labels?
The care labelling must be clear, readily understandable, easy to use and not dependent on any particular language. The care symbols must not leave room for possible misinterpretation by the consumer.
What do care labels have to include?
(b) Care labels must state what regular care is needed for the ordinary use of the product. In general, labels for textile wearing apparel must have either a washing instruction or a drycleaning instruction. The label must state whether the product should be washed by hand or machine.
What are tags in description?
Tags are descriptive keywords you can add to your video to help viewers find your content. Your video’s title, thumbnail, and description are more important pieces of metadata for your video’s discovery. Tags can be useful if the content of your video is commonly misspelled.
How do you write a tag description?
12 tips for the perfect description tag
- Use no more than 155 characters. Google shows only the first 160 characters of the description tag.
- Use keywords you want to score with for that page.
- Don’t create false expectations.
- Tell the user what to expect.
- Think about your target audience.
- Write properly.
- To the point.
- Don’t just repeat the page title.
How do you create an effective tag?
Writing Effective Title Tags
- Utilize relevant keywords. The first step in optimizing your site’s title tags is making sure each one includes a keyword (or multiple keywords) relevant to that page.
- Keep Title Tags under 70 characters.
- Be specific.
- Don’t duplicate.
- Use a formula.
What is title and description?
Title tags and meta descriptions are bits of HTML code in the header of a web page. They help search engines understand the content on a page. A page’s title tag and meta description are usually shown whenever that page appears in search engine results.
How do you create a title description?
How to Write Perfect Page Titles for SEO
- Make Each Page Title Unique. Every page of your website should be unique, and so should its page title and meta description.
- Use Unique Target Keywords.
- Don’t Make Them Too Short.
- Don’t Make Them Too Long.
- Write for Humans, Not Robots.
What is the purposes of description?
The primary purpose of descriptive writing is to describe a person, place or thing in such a way that a picture is formed in the reader’s mind. Capturing an event through descriptive writing involves paying close attention to the details by using all of your five senses.
How do you write a meta description?
How to write a great meta description
- Keywords: do make sure your most important keywords for the webpage show up in the meta description.
- Write legible, readable copy: this is essential.
- Treat the meta description as if it’s an advert for your web-page: make it as compelling and as relevant as possible.
What is a meta tag example?
Search engines such as Google use metadata from meta tags to understand additional information about the webpage. They can use this information for ranking purposes, to display snippets in search results, and sometimes they can ignore meta tags. Example of meta tags include the and elements.
Does Google use meta keywords?
Does Google ever use the keywords meta tag in its web search ranking? In a word, no. Our web search (the well-known search at Google.com that hundreds of millions of people use each day) disregards keyword metatags completely. They simply don’t have any effect in our search ranking at present.
What’s a meta description?
A meta description (sometimes called a meta description attribute or tag) is an HTML element that describes and summarizes the contents of your page for the benefit of users and search engines.
What are meta keywords?
Meta Keywords are a specific type of meta tag that appear in the HTML code of a Web page and help tell search engines what the topic of the page is.
Are meta tags still used?
Meta-keywords are dead. Do not use them. The keywords meta tag was really designed in 1995 for very archaic old search engines and some could argue that the rise of Google was actually because of older search engines relying too much on this tag.
Are meta tags important?
Meta tags are important because they impact how your site appears in the SERPs and how many people will be inclined to click through to your website. They will therefore impact your traffic and engagement rates, which can impact your SEO and rankings. Meta tags are an important part of a solid SEO strategy.
How do you write a meta tag?
- Do stick to character counts— Title tag should be around 60 – 72 characters in length or about 5 – 10 words. Meta description should be no longer than 135 – 160 characters.
- Don’t exceed counts—The search engines will simply cut off excess text, potentially causing your links and descriptions to be less readable.
How many keywords can you put in a meta tag?
There is no official limit on the number of meta keywords you can have. Each search engine sets their own rules. However, it is a good practice to have less than 10% of the total words of a page. If for example your page has 300 words it is better to have maximum 30 words in your meta keyword tag.
How do I use meta keywords?
Use the meta keywords tag to describe the page. Just remember that you’re still not likely to rank better than other pages that have textual information. Search engines are textual creatures. Give them what they want.
How do I write a meta tag for SEO?
Support meta descriptions with strong page titles.
- Use the keyword but don’t overuse it.
- Place the keyword near the front of the title.
- Focus on readers, not just search engines.
- Show benefits and value.
- Include your brand name when relevant.
- Write 50 to 60 characters.
- Write unique page titles for each page.
How many times should you mention a keyword?
While this is more of an inexact science, the general rule of thumb is to include specific keywords no more than five times in a standard blog post. Anything else can be considered spammy to the reader and negatively impact the user experience.