Can we use the Indian?
“North America” and “South America” are the proper nouns, names for two continents. So we won’t use “the” before them. But India is a proper name. India only refers to the country India.
Where is the world’s largest democracy?
India (Hindi: Bhārat), officially the Republic of India (Hindi: Bhārat Gaṇarājya), is a country in South Asia. It is the second-most populous country, the seventh-largest country by land area, and the most populous democracy in the world.
Where do we use in English?
When to Use ‘A,’ ‘An,’ or ‘The’
- General Rules Use “a” or “an” with a singular count noun when you mean “one of many,” “any,” “in general.”
- Use “the” with any noun when the meaning is specific; for example, when the noun names the only one (or one) of a kind.
What is the D?
The D is an affectionate nickname for the city of Detroit, Michigan.
Do you say at school or in school?
“At school” means the person is, physically, inside the school. “In school” means the person is studying but not necessarily inside the school building at that moment. And both are correct when used in appropriate situations.
What is article writing for class 9?
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR ARTICLE WRITING Always study the given input, information or notes carefully. Arrange them in a systematic order. Develop each point in a simple, grammatically correct language. Your article must present your ideas not in a sketchy but in a coherent and logical manner.
How do I write a letter of Class 9?
Use proper layout according to the type of the letter.
- Write the address, date, salutation and subscription near the left hand side margin.
- Indenting and punctuation mark may be avoided.
- Leave space after a Para or important part of layout.
- Divide the contents/body of the letter into three paragraphs :
How can we write a letter?
- Step 1: Starting a formal letter. Begin with the sender’s name and address.
- Step 2: Writing a letter, formally. When writing a letter, you’re ready to greet the person (or business) to whom you’re writing.
- Step 3: Writing the body of a formal letter.
- Step 4: Ending a formal letter.
How do I write a letter in English?
- You need to write your full name, address and date before you begin the letter.
- Address the person you are writing the letter to with correct name and designation.
- It is always advisable to start the letter with ‘Respected Sir/Madam’ or ‘Dear Sir/Madam’ and then mention the name and the address.
Can we write Dear Sir In formal letter?
“Dear Sir or Madam” as a Letter Salutation “Dear Sir or Madam” is a formal way to address a letter to a specific person whose name, title, or gender is unknown. There are certain situations when this letter salutation can be used, but it’s best to avoid it as it comes off as old-timey, impersonal, and lazy.
Is it OK to write Respected sir?
The salutations ‘Dear Respected Sir/Madam’, ‘Respected Sir/Madam’ and ‘Respected Sir’ are very common in Indian English. It is an old-fashioned term and native speakers of English do not use it. It is used in neither British English nor American English. It is good to avoid ‘respected’ in salutations.
What is the title for an unknown gender?
If you don’t know the gender of the recipient just use “Dear First Name, Last Name”. Especially when you operate in a multicultural environment and cannot tell the gender behind every single name. 2. If you must absolutely be formal, stick with the good ol’ “Dear Sir/Madam”.