How much did a car cost in 1989?
In 1989 the average American new home retailed for about $150,000 and gas was going for less than $1.25 a gallon. Most importantly, the average new car was going for about $12,000.
What was the most expensive car in 1989?
These Were The Most Expensive Cars You Could Buy In the ’80s
- 11 1986 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Volante – $230,710 ($96,005 in 1986)
- 12 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera Targa Turbo – $163,745 ($77,000 in 1989)
- 13 1989 Lexus LS400 – $78,000 ($35,000 in 1989)
- 14 1986 Mercedes Benz 300E AMG Hammer – $387,900 ($161,422 in 1986)
- 15 Ferrari F40 – $927,000 ($400,000 in 1987)
What was the best car in 1989?
In more detail—and in alphabetical order—we are proud to present to you Car and Driver’s Ten Best Cars for 1989.
- 1989 Acura Legend Coupe.
- 1989 Chevrolet Corvette.
- 1989 Dodge Colt Turbo / Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo.
- 1989 Ford Probe GT.
- 1989 Ford Taurus / Taurus SHO.
- 1989 Honda Accord.
- 1989 Honda Civic.
- 1989 Lincoln Continental.
What was the most popular car in 1989?
DETROIT — The Honda Accord was the nation’s top selling car for 1989, grabbing the No. 1 spot for the first time ever and surpassing sales of the No. 2 Ford Taurus by more than 14,600 units, industry figures showed Friday.
What was the fastest car in 1989?
It was the fastest car made in America to 60 mph with an official time of just 4.9 seconds. The 1987 Buick GNX is second on the list with a 4.7-second sprint to 60 mph, which was beat by the 1989 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am….
|0-60 time:||5.5 seconds|
|Top speed:||163 mph|
What was the best selling car in 1988?
What cars were built in 1979?
- Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
- Chevrolet Camaro Z28.
- Mercury Cougar XR-7.
- Jeep CJ-5.
What was the most popular car 1978?
What was the most common car in the 70s?
Today, the Honda Civic remains among the most popular selling cars in America, particularly with those favoring good gas mileage—the same reason that propelled the vehicle to success in the 1970s.
What was the most popular car in 1972?
What was the fastest muscle car in the 70s?
The 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 holds the distinction for being one of the fastest and most powerful American muscle cars of its time….1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.
|Quarter mile time||13.16 seconds|
|Quarter mile speed||110 mph|
What is the most sought after American muscle car?
5 Of The Most Sought After Classic Muscle Cars
- Shelby GT 500KR (Mid to late 1960s) Specs: 8-cyl.
- Chevrolet Chevelle SS/LS (Late 1960’s) Specs: The 450 horsepower LS6 was the most powerful engine around in 1970.
- Plymouth Barracuda (1970-1971) Specs: 7.2-liter engine 390 HP.
- Pontiac GTO (Late 1960’s) Specs: ohv V8, 400 cid (4.12×3.75) 370 bhp.
What is the best selling muscle car of all time?
The Boss 429 Mustang, known as “Boss 9” among admirers, is one of the most valuable muscle cars ever made, usually selling for over $200,000 at auctions.