What does being diverted mean?
: to change the direction or use of (something) : to take (attention) away from someone or something. : to take the attention of (someone) away from something or someone.
What is an example of diverted?
An interruption from a friend in the middle of doing tedious work is an example of a diversion. When money is taken from education funds and instead put into funds for seniors, this is an example of a diversion of resources. When a road is closed and traffic is rerouted, this is an example of a diversion.
What is another word for diverted?
Divert Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for divert?
What does it mean to divert yourself?
vb. 1 to turn (a person or thing) aside from a course; deflect. 2 tr to entertain; amuse.
What is a diverted sentence?
A diversion program, also known as a pretrial diversion program or pretrial intervention program, in the criminal justice system is a form of pretrial sentencing in which a criminal offender joins a rehabilitation program to help remedy the behavior leading to the original arrest, allow the offender to avoid conviction …
How do you use the word divert?
Divert in a Sentence 🔉
- I decided to divert the conversation away from the topic of politics.
- The thieves knew to divert the shopkeeper’s attention so they could steal the items.
- I had to keep their attention because they continued to divert from the task at hand.
What means flight diverted?
A diverted flight is a flight which is operated from the scheduled point of origin to a point other than the scheduled point of destination in the airline’s published schedule.
to turn aside or from a path or course; deflect. British. to route (traffic) on a detour. to draw off to a different course, purpose, etc. to distract from serious occupation; entertain or amuse.
What means conclude?
1 : to bring to an end especially in a particular way or with a particular action conclude a meeting. 2a : to reach as a logically necessary end by reasoning : infer on the basis of evidence concluded that her argument was sound.
What is an example of conclude?
Sentence #1: restate the thesis by making the same point with other words (paraphrase). ~ Example: Thesis: “Dogs are better pets than cats.” Paraphrased: “Dogs make the best pets in the world.”
Does conclude mean end?
The definition of conclude means to finish or end.
How do you write a good conclusion?
How to Write a Conclusion
- Include a topic sentence. Conclusions should always begin with a topic sentence.
- Use your introductory paragraph as a guide.
- Summarize the main ideas.
- Appeal to the reader’s emotions.
- Include a closing sentence.
What is the conclusion of the paragraph beyond identity?
Answer: In Beyond Identity, Brubaker and Cooper problematises the discursive treatment of identity, arguing, amongst other things, that the prevailing constructivist stance on identity – “the attempt to soften the term, to acquit it of the charge of essentialism” is ill suited for socio-analytic purposes.
How do you write a closing sentence?
– Restate the topic sentence using synonyms. – Restate the topic sentence using a different kind of sentence. – Wrap up your paragraph. – Consider using transition words to signify the end of your paragraph.
What words can I use to start a conclusion?
|LOGICAL RELATIONSHIP||TRANSITIONAL EXPRESSION|
|Conclusion/Summary||finally, in a word, in brief, briefly, in conclusion, in the end, in the final analysis, on the whole, thus, to conclude, to summarize, in sum, to sum up, in summary|
What is a good transition sentence?
What are the components of good transition sentences? They make an explicit connection between ideas, sentences, and paragraphs. Good transitions use specific words. Try to avoid using pronouns like “this” to refer to an entire idea because it is not always clear who or what “this” refers to.
What is a good closing sentence?
Lesson Summary For each paragraph, the reader should be able to identify what your key points are, based on the concluding sentence. It should not include any information that was not discussed in the paragraph. Concluding sentences can start out with phrases such as ‘In conclusion,’ ‘Thus,’ and ‘For this reason.
What is a fancy word for conclusion?
What is another word for conclusion?
Should I say in conclusion?
“In conclusion” or “To conclude” may be appropriate for an oral presentation, but in writing are considered redundant or overly mechanical. Draft: “However, it is important in arriving at such a conclusion to recognize…”
What’s a good closing sentence for an essay?
The conclusion basically asks us to do a few things: Restate the main idea of the paper (why you wrote this entire long piece to begin with). Summarize all the key points you made throughout the body of the paper (things that proved your thesis statement).
How do you start a closing paragraph?
- Topic sentence. Fresh rephrasing of thesis statement.
- Supporting sentences. Summarize or wrap up the main points in the body of the essay. Explain how ideas fit together.
- Closing sentence. Final words. Connects back to the introduction. Provides a sense of closure.
What is the best topic sentence?
Topic Sentences and Controlling Ideas
- Topic Sentence: Dogs make wonderful pets because they help you to live longer.
- The topic is “dogs make wonderful pets” and the controlling idea is “because they help you to live longer.”
What is a good topic?
A good topic sentence is specific enough to give a clear sense of what to expect from the paragraph, but general enough that it doesn’t give everything away. You can think of it like a signpost: it should tell the reader which direction your argument is going in.
What’s a good argument topic?
A debatable essay must focus on the critical issue which leads to the global conflicts. Almost every second problem related to politics is a good choice. You may also write something about your school, college or university policies that annoy you or make students argue with their teachers and principals.
What are good topics to write about?
- A cozy spot at home.
- A dark hallway.
- A story about a holiday.
- A trip on a rocket ship.
- A walk in the woods.
- Dear George Washington.
- Donuts for dinner.
- Funny things my pet has done.
What is the best topic for students?
Essay Topics for Students from 6th, 7th, 8th Grade
- Noise Pollution.
- Environment Pollution.
- Women Empowerment.
- Time and Tide Wait for none.
What is creative writing in your own words?
Creative writing is any writing that goes outside the bounds of normal professional, journalistic, academic, or technical forms of literature, typically identified by an emphasis on narrative craft, character development, and the use of literary tropes or with various traditions of poetry and poetics.
What to write when you are bored?
Things to Write About When Bored – 365+ Writing Prompts
- A Movie Review. Did you recently watch a movie?
- Look Outside the Window. Look outside your window.
- List of Things You’ll Never Do Again.
- Traveling Story.
- Your Comfort Food.
- Love Letter.
- A Long Lost Friend.
- Eye Contact.
Do this if you’re bored?
50 Things To Do When You’re Bored At Home
- Read a book.
- Work on a puzzle.
- Open your recipe books and find inspiration for new meal ideas.
- Look into others in your community that may need help.
- Plan your next room makeover.
- Binge watch a new series (or re-watch an old favorite).
- Download some new music.
What should I right?
What should I write about?
- A Life-Changing Lesson You Learned.
- Something You Know How to Do.
- The Life Story of Someone Important to You.
- Something That Makes You Angry or Dissatisfied.
- A Popular Topic (or Label) from a Different Angle.
- Life Hacks.
- Something Most People Don’t Know About Something.
- How to Find Something.