What if there is no mint mark on a Morgan Dollar?
My Answer: If you don’t see a mint mark on a Morgan Silver Dollar, it just means that it was minted at the United States Mint in Philadelphia. since everyone knew that all United States coins were coming from the Philadelphia Mint. The first ‘P’ mint mark did not appear on United States coins until 1942.
Do all Morgan dollars have a mint mark?
Morgan Dollars will have the mint or “Privy Marks” of CC, O, S, D, and no mark for Philadelphia. Peace Dollars will have no mark for Philadelphia mint.
What Morgan Dollars are rare?
Top 10 rare Morgan dollars!
- 1893-S. The 1893-S Morgan Silver Dollar was struck in the San Francisco mint under the back-drop of the Economic depression.
- 1889-CC. The Carson City Morgan Silver Dollars were struck from 1878 using the Silver from the Comstock Lode.
Why are Morgan dollars so popular?
Morgan silver dollars have become very popular as an investment vehicle for coin collectors because they cost a reasonable amount of money to buy, have performed very well in the past as an investment, and are beautiful to behold.
What Morgan dollars are worth the most?
10 Most Valuable Morgan Silver Dollars
- 1.) 1893 S Morgan Silver Dollar – Worth $550,000.
- 2.) 1901 Morgan Silver Dollar – Worth $425,500.
- 3.) 1889 CC Morgan Silver Dollar – Worth $280,000.
- 4.) 1884 S Morgan Silver Dollar – Worth $250,000.
- 5.) 1893 O Morgan Silver Dollar – Worth $180,000.
- 6.) 1895 O Morgan Silver Dollar – Worth $165,000.
How much is a 1922 Morgan dollar worth?
|1922 Peace Silver Dollar Value|
|Condition of Coin|
|1922 Peace Silver Dollar Value Updated||5/17/2021|
What is the error on a 1922 Peace Dollar?
Mint workers at the Philadelphia mint in 1922 failed to recognize a deteriorating die. The crack in the die on the reverse side resulted in a blob of metal below the eagle and above the word DOLLAR. This variety is easily recognizable without the aid of any magnification.
What is a 2000 D Sacagawea dollar worth?
What is a 1776 to 1976 Bicentennial half dollar worth?
That includes the 1976 bicentennial half dollar, which was produced in very large quantities….
|Kennedy Half Dollar Values (Business Strikes)|
|1776-1976-S* (40% silver)||$4||$6.00|