What is the root word of official?
1400, “required by duty,” from Old French oficial “official; main, principal” (14c., Modern French officiel) and directly from Late Latin officialis “of or belonging to duty, service, or office,” from Latin officium “service, kindness, favor; official duty, function, business; ceremonial observance,” literally “work- …
What is the root word for special?
1200, “given or granted in unusual circumstances, exceptional;” also “specific” as opposed to general or common; from Old French special, especial “special, particular, unusual” (12c., Modern French spécial) and directly from Latin specialis “individual, particular” (source also of Spanish especial, Italian speziale).
What is the synonym of Honoured?
Synonyms for honored. feted. (or fêted), recognized.
What do you say when you honor someone?
How to honor someone special in your life by writing a tribute
- Think of specific examples of when this person was there for you or did something that made your life better.
- Expand your writing to describe the impact, how you changed because of this person, and why it mattered.
- Write as many memories as possible.
- Freewrite a list of words that describe the person you’re honoring.
What is a wife supposed to do?
As a wife, she is expected to serve her husband, preparing food, clothing and other personal needs. As a mother, she has to take care of the children and their needs, including education. As a worker, she has to be professional, disciplined and a good employee.
What is the best way to honor someone?
Here are their ideas on how to honor a loved one:
- Keep something of theirs with you.
- Support a cause close to their heart, and yours.
- Make a tribute donation to a nonprofit.
- Create a living reminder.
- Dedicate an event to their memory.
- Start a new tradition.
- Share their stories and photos.
- Live your best life.
How do you memorialize someone?
Celebrating a Life: Blog
- 7 Ways to Memorialize a Loved One Following Cremation.
- Select a Memorial or Monument.
- Plant a Tree, Flower or Garden.
- Contribute to a Local Charity.
- Create an Online Memorial.
- Scatter the Ashes.
- Sponsor a Memorial Bench at a Community Park.
- Set Up an Honorary Scholarship.
How do I say I remember someone?
More videos on YouTube
- #1 – I remember…
- #2 – I’ll never forget… / I’ll always remember…
- #3 – If I remember correctly… / As far as I can recall…
- #4 – I have a vague recollection of…
- #5 – It’s on the tip of my tongue.
- #6 – My mind went blank.
- #7 – It doesn’t ring a bell.
- #8 – I’d like to remind you about / to…
How do you write a short tribute speech?
Jump ahead to these sections:
- Step 1: Think About the Person.
- Step 2: Write an Outline.
- Step 3: Get the Audience’s Attention.
- Step 4: Make your Points.
- Step 5: Finish Strong.
- Step 6: Practice your Speech.
- Tribute Speech Topic Ideas.
- Tribute Speech Samples.